"What I'm trying to do is bring people closer to something, because an intimate world seems to me more human."
Starting with a feeling, an image, a composition. The best result is when I’m surprised where it all ends, as if, like the author Etgar Keret described his process, you’re chasing a cat that ran out the window and you have no idea where it will lead you. Or if you ever going to dare again.
When I paint, I feel free of constrains, like leaving a big empty space undone, showing a child dangling without shoes, using the wrong colors, edges not perfectly straight.
I don’t seek resolution, conclusion, or justice. Rather, I'm drawn to the flawed, the imperfect, the mundane or unnoticed, the slightly awkward.
It is intuitive. It is liberating. And it is rewarding when someone responds to what I have created.
Born in Israel
Law School, Tel-Aviv University, Israel
Design & Architecture, Hasadna School, Tel-Aviv, Israel
UCM Multi-Media, England, Designer & Producer
Dunrite Media Productions, Westlake Village, US, Designer & producer, short animation films
Lives in Thousand Oaks, California
* Annual Juried Exhibition, "Body & Soul", Westmont Ridley-Tree Museum of Art, May 2019, *Sold*
* Finalist, "Abstract With Red" International Juried Painting competition, Camelback Gallery, 2020
* Featured artist, Artist Portfolio Magazine, 2020
* Featured online artist, Gallery Baird, 2020
* Upcoming exhibition: 2020, 10West Gallery, Santa Barbara, CA (postponed due to Covid)
* Talent Prize Award, Art Show International online competition, 2021
* Galeria Azur, Madrid, Spain. Group Exhibition, 2021